UPDATED—Monday, March 16, 2020
OK Kids Baseball Association, Inc. Statement Regarding COVID-19
Based upon the latest information available, including the closing of Oklahoma schools, OK Kids is suspending all practices and league play until April 6, 2020. At that time, OK Kids will reevaluate the situation and make an announcement regarding the dates of Regional and State Tournaments. If the dates of the Regional and State Tournaments can be determined before that time, it will be announced.
The link for team registration is located below. Registration should be completed before teams play a league game. Changes to rosters are allowed until midnight on May 1.
League application registration is located below. Application is completed by League President and should be done immediately. There are different applications for baseball and softball leagues. This helps us know how many teams we have and share information for player releases. If you have any questions please notify the OK Kids office.
League Presidents must register leagues with OK Kids. Complete a separate form for each age group your league has. The forms require the following information:
1. League Name
2. Contact information for each league officer
3. Teams: Team Name, Head Coach, Phone, Email
1. Rule V - Eligibility of Players, Paragraph 4 will state: "When a league plays all of its games at one location (e.g. field or complex) a player must play with a team from the school he attends or with a team representing the school closest to his residence."
2. Rule III - Membership: Team rosters must be submitted on-line before beginning league play. The deadline for making changes to the roster is May 1. Roster will not be accepted after this date.
3. Protest of player eligibility during Regional and State Tournaments: Protest of player eligibility during Regional and State Tournaments must be done during the three hour period from the start of the coaches meeting until the scheduled start of a Regional or State Tournaments. Rosters will made available to the Head Coach upon request to the tournament director.
4. During Coach Pitch games, the Coach Pitcher may not talk to players while in fair territory. During Regional and State Tournaments this rule will be strictly enforced.
5. OK Kids Baseball Association strongly encourages each league to establish a method of conducting Background Checks on all adult participants.
6. 10U (PW) and 12U(Midget) State Tournaments will be expanded to include 16 teams. Each Regional Champion and Runner-Up will advance to the State Tournament. The host town will be allowed to have two teams in the tournament.
1. On-Line Registration Opens - March 1
2. Deadline to complete roster - May 1
3. Softball Reporting Date - Saturday, June 20
4. State Softball Tournament - June 24 - 28 (Wed. - Sunday)
5. Baseball and Tee Ball Reporting Date - Saturday, June 27
6. Tee Ball Regionals - July 1 - 3
7. Tee Ball State Tournament - July 9 - 11
8. State Prep Tournament - June 27 - 30
9. Regional Baseball Dates - July 6 - 11
10. State Baseball Dates - July 14 - 18
Champion - McAlester Peaches
Runner-Up - Leedey Lady Bisons
Champion - Silo Lady Rebels
Runner-Up - Elk City Fury
Champion - Maysville
Runner-Up - Davis Chaos
Champion - Coalgate Lady Wildcats
Runner-Up - Tupelo Lady Tigers
Team pictures are posted on the individual tournament pages. If your team picture has not been posted, please email a picture to OKKidsBaseball@cotc.net.
TEE BALL AGE LIMIT
We have had several questions regarding the minimum age to play Tee Ball. A player must have been four (4) by January 1, 2020 and cannot have been seven (7) before January 1, 2020. To play OK Kids Tee Ball in 2020, a player must have been born in 2013, 2014 or 2015. Children born in 2016 are not eligible to play until 2021.
There are two important points to remember here:
1. A child reaching age four in early 2020 is not being “cheated” out of a year of playing Tee Ball. That child is eligible to play in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Instead of being one of the youngest children in the age group, the child will be one of the oldest.
2. When the Board set this minimum age it was with the thought of allowing as many children to play as possible without having too large of an age spread from the youngest to the oldest. As it is now, children playing Tee Ball can be up to nearly three years apart in age. If children born in 2016 were allowed to play, it’s possible to have a three year old, born in 2016, play against a seven year old born in 2013, a gap of four years from the youngest to the oldest players.
This rule has been in effect since OK Kids adopted Tee Ball in 2018 and will not be changed or amended for 2020.
TEE BALL BATS
At the request of several coaches, and due to the delay in the season, we are currently reviewing the Tee Ball bat rule and will announce any changes within a few days. Any amendment to the new rule with will make more bats available to players, most likely in line with the current bat rule for Coach Pitch, Peewee and Midgets.
1. Teams must register on-line. Paper copies of rosters will not be accepted this year.
2. You must register your team before beginning league play.
3. The deadline to make changes to a team roster is MAY 1. This deadline is replacing the June 1 date.
The purpose of this organization is to promote the playing of amateur baseball and softball, to coordinate and standardize the activities of various organized leagues and to develop future citizens with the proper attitude toward life.
If you have questions regarding any OK Kids rule please feel free to contact the OK Kids office by phone or email. The OK Kids email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a tournament posted on the website, please email the information to the OK Kids office. It will be posted as soon as possible.
P.O. Box 367 Stroud, OK 74079
Phone: 918-987-1120 Fax 918-987-1119
|OK Kids Baseball Association|