The OK Kids Annual Meeting will be held Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 2:00. The location is the Hilton Garden Inn-OKC Airport in Oklahoma City. The agenda for the meeting will be posted this week.
The following rule will be put in effect for the 2019 season.
The following are the only bats approved for use in OK Kids Baseball games:
*OK Kids reserves the right to disallow any bat at any time. If a bat is disallowed, it will be specifically listed.
Champion - Stigler Pirates
Runner-Up - Shawnee Scissortails
State Champions - Stigler Pirates
State Runner- Up - Shawnee Scissortails
Champion - Panama Sliderz
Runner-Up - Stilwell Indians
Champions Panama Sliderz
Runner-Up Stilwell Indians
Champion - Stillwater A's
Runner-Up - Blanchard Bash
Score of the championship game - 1-0
Champion - Stigler Bullets
Runner-Up - Sallisaw Cowboys
Champion - Weatherford Majors
Runner-Up - Hollis Tigers
Please check with tournament directors regarding game times for the championship games scheduled Saturday. Some of the game times have been moved to earlier times upon the agreement of both teams in the finals.
Please read and become familiar with all the information posted about your tournament. Information regarding player protests, rain out procedures, pitching rules, brackets, and a list of coaches can be found on your tournament site page. Please contact the tournament director for specific questions about your site - admission, concessions, location, etc.
Champion - Durant Lady Lions
Runner-Up - South Rock Creek Glory
Champion - Coalgate Lady Cats
Runner-Up - Weatherford Lady Eagles
Champion - Caddo Lady Bruins
Runner-Up - Silo Lady Rebels
Champion - Henryetta Chaos
Runner-Up - Stigler Shock
The brackets for regional baseball tournaments have been posted. We have tried to place teams in locations that were requested. Not every team got their first choice but hopefully, the site that was chosen for your team will work. Some teams did not have complete phone numbers on your roster. If you are one of those teams please contact the tournament director and give him your contact information. If your team is not able to attend the regional please contact the tournament director and the OK Kids office.
The OK Kids office will be closed Sunday, June 24 so we can attend Softball State Tournaments. If you find a mistake, please email the OK Kids office, email@example.com, and we will address the issues on Monday. Calls will be returned Monday.
Here is some information regarding Regional Baseball Tournaments:
1. Rosters are final. We will not allow any additions at this time.
2. Tournament location requests must be emailed to the OK Kids office by June 22. Please list your top three locations and include age group, team name, head coach. Head coaches or league representatives may request - not parents, players, or others. The OK Kids email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All qualifying teams and at-large requests should be reported by Friday, June 22. We will bracket on Saturday.
4. All information regarding the tournaments will be posted on the website.
5. There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting 3 hours prior to the first game. Someone from each team must attend and bring birth certificates to the meeting.
The online registration is now open for the following leagues: Big Basin, Caddo-Comanche, Durant, Garvin-Murray, and Washita-Canadian Valley League.
Deadline is June 1
We have received several calls regarding t-ball rules, bats, and balls. Many of our rules are based on safety for our youngest players. We will evaluate these rules at the end of the season and make changes as necessary. Listed below are some clarifications regarding these items:
1. The ball that will be used for Regional and State tournaments will be Rawlings Official T-Ball.
2. The bats used at this level must be t-ball based and labeled as such by the manufacturer. If you have purchased a bat that is not designated for t-ball please email the OK Kids office with the size, weight, brand, bat name, etc. for approval. The email address is email@example.com.
3. Due to early response we will be hosting Regional tournaments June 28-30. State tournaments will be held July 5-7.
4. The rule regarding not having a coach at the plate is an attempt to speed up the game. The umpire will be in charge of placing the ball on the tee during the Regional and State Tournaments. However, if you feel like during league play that having a coach behind the plate is necessary you may do so. Keep in mind that they will NOT be permitted to assist batters behind the plate at the Regional and State tournaments.
OK Kids will follow the same bat rule for 2018 that was used in 2017. We will implement the USA Baseball bat regulations beginning with the 2019 season.
The rules adopted by OK Kids for the T-Ball division are posted on the home page and under the Resources tab.
Champions - Stillwater A's
Runner-Up - Red Oak Eagles
Champions - Spiro Cardinals
Runner-Up - Tupelo Tigers
Champions - Sallisaw Cardinals
Runner-Up - Canute Trojans
The purpose of this organization is to promote the playing of amateur baseball and softball, to coordinate and standardize the activities of various organized leagues and to develop future citizens with the proper attitude toward life.
If you have questions regarding any OK Kids rule please feel free to contact the OK Kids office by phone or email. The OK Kids email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a tournament posted on the website, please email the information to the OK Kids office. It will be posted as soon as possible.
P.O. Box 367 Stroud, OK 74079
Phone: 918-987-1120 Fax 918-987-1119
|OK Kids Baseball Association|