Here is some information regarding state softball tournaments:
1. Based on last year's tournaments - 8U, 10U, 14U all started on Thursday; 12U started Friday. We cannot tell you a definite day and time for this year's tournaments until we see how many teams are playing.
2. There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting 3 hours prior to the start of the first game. Someone from your team must attend and bring birth certificates to the meeting. We take care of all the paperwork before starting the tournament.
3. Qualifying teams and at-large teams must be reported by Friday, June 15. We will place teams on brackets beginning Saturday morning.
4. Brackets and other necessary information for each tournament will be posted on the website Saturday evening.
5. The tournament directors usually contact each team prior to the tournament to gather information regarding players' names, numbers, t-shirt sizes, etc.
6. If you have specific questions regarding locations, lodging, restaurants, contact the tournament director. They are most familiar with the location and can give best advice and direction concerning these matters.
Here is some information regarding Regional Baseball Tournaments:
1. Rosters are final. We will not allow any additions at this time.
2. Tournament location requests must be emailed to the OK Kids office by June 22. Please list your top three locations and include age group, team name, head coach. Head coaches or league representatives may request - not parents, players, or others. The OK Kids email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All qualifying teams and at-large requests should be reported by Friday, June 22. We will bracket on Saturday.
4. All information regarding the tournaments will be posted on the website.
5. There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting 3 hours prior to the first game. Someone from each team must attend and bring birth certificates to the meeting.
The online registration is now open for the following leagues: Big Basin, Caddo-Comanche, Durant, Garvin-Murray, and Washita-Canadian Valley League.
Deadline is June 1
We have received several calls regarding t-ball rules, bats, and balls. Many of our rules are based on safety for our youngest players. We will evaluate these rules at the end of the season and make changes as necessary. Listed below are some clarifications regarding these items:
1. The ball that will be used for Regional and State tournaments will be Rawlings Official T-Ball.
2. The bats used at this level must be t-ball based and labeled as such by the manufacturer. If you have purchased a bat that is not designated for t-ball please email the OK Kids office with the size, weight, brand, bat name, etc. for approval. The email address is email@example.com.
3. Due to early response we will be hosting Regional tournaments June 28-30. State tournaments will be held July 5-7.
4. The rule regarding not having a coach at the plate is an attempt to speed up the game. The umpire will be in charge of placing the ball on the tee during the Regional and State Tournaments. However, if you feel like during league play that having a coach behind the plate is necessary you may do so. Keep in mind that they will NOT be permitted to assist batters behind the plate at the Regional and State tournaments.
OK Kids will follow the same bat rule for 2018 that was used in 2017. We will implement the USA Baseball bat regulations beginning with the 2019 season.
The rules adopted by OK Kids for the T-Ball division are posted on the home page and under the Resources tab.
On-line registration of teams and leagues will be available this spring. League Representatives should contact the OK Kids office for further instruction.
Champions - Stillwater A's
Runner-Up - Red Oak Eagles
Champions - Spiro Cardinals
Runner-Up - Tupelo Tigers
Champions - Sallisaw Cardinals
Runner-Up - Canute Trojans
The purpose of this organization is to promote the playing of amateur baseball and softball, to coordinate and standardize the activities of various organized leagues and to develop future citizens with the proper attitude toward life.
If you have questions regarding any OK Kids rule please feel free to contact the OK Kids office by phone or email. The OK Kids email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a tournament posted on the website, please email the information to the OK Kids office. It will be posted as soon as possible.
P.O. Box 367 Stroud, OK 74079
Phone: 918-987-1120 Fax 918-987-1119
|OK Kids Baseball Association|